20-February-2013 – 19-February-2016
Tawanmandi is a Nordic+ program that works to strengthen the advocacy work of Afghan civil society in the areas of Human Right, access to justice, peace-building and conflict resolution, media and anti-corruption. Gender, youth, disability and out-of-Kabul civil society are cross-cutting theme.
The goal of Tawanmandi is improved governance in Afghanistan through greater accountability & responsiveness to citizens. Its purpose is an inclusive civil society able to engage effectively on human rights, access to justice, anti-corruption, peace-building and conflict resolution and media.
The outputs are as follows:
- Improved capacity of CSOs to function effectively;
- CSOs implementing activities in the five thematic and four cross-cutting areas;(gender, youth, out of Kabul and Disabled)
- CSOs have an understanding of the issues relevant to their work and their constituents;
- Independent Afghan Foundation established and sustained;
- Tawanmandi fund managed effectively and sustained.
Kabul, Faryab, Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar
- All districts